Carol M. White Physical Education Program Grant
The Carol M. White Physical Education Program provides grants to LEAs and community-based organizations (CBOs) to initiate, expand, or enhance physical education programs, including after-school programs, for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Grant recipients must implement programs that help students make progress toward meeting state standards.What projects are included for North Babylon School District:
- Curriculum Infrastructure Development
- Curriculum Software
- Professional Development
- Equipment Acquisition
- Travel for Training
- Fitness Resource Centers in ALL buildings
- Grant Personnel (PEP Director, substitute teachers)
- Contract Service- Curriculum, Data Analysis
- School Garden Project in ALL buildings
Benefits for our North Babylon Students:
- Revised Curriculum for all Physical Education and Health Education classes.
- State of the Art Equipment and Supplies which may include: heart rate monitors, activity monitors, wellness centers, cardiovascular and weight training equipment, and other health-related fitness equipment.
- Data driven instruction to increase student fitness and well-being.
- Specific Professional Development focused on curriculum development and implementation.
- After-school program curriculum and supplies.
Benefits to Our North Babylon Community:
- High School Fitness/Wellness Center-
- Community Gardens and fruit trees at all schools.
- Nutrition and wellness based educational materials for community, available at all buildings.
- Potential for healthier more active and alert children and families.
FitnessGram - Access, Report, Educate:
FitnessGram - A Healthier Gneration: